Description of two materials, PP and PC, suitable for making plastic cups
1, the harm of PC material is derived from the BPA, or bisphenol A, this problem is already known as, the harm of bisphenol A (BPA) no legend, completed animal experiments also prove that harm is targeted at puberty, there is no need to scare, so appropriate attention to pregnant young group, so is because the opportunity to contact with bisphenol A is more than this kind of situation, and the dose of animal experiment is very big, PC plastic traces of bisphenol A (BPA) in less than the harm of human body for fear.
2. According to Lin hanhua, associate professor of department of biology and chemistry of city university of Hong Kong, in theory, as long as 100% of bisphenol A is converted into plastic structure in the process of PC making, the product is completely free of bisphenol A, let alone released.
However, if A small amount of bpa is not converted into the plastic structure of A PC, it may be released into food or drink.
3, PP material at present is the most safe plastic material, can bear the high temperature of 167 ℃, 100 ℃ hot water harmful material will precipitate. But its strength is not high, easy to break, and transparency is low, with pure PP made of plastic cups are milky white.
4. Excellent performance of PC material, a kind of important engineering plastics, good temperature tolerance, hot water capacity, toughness and strength are much greater than PP material, and transparency is much higher than PP material.
5. PP material is not absolutely safe, and the PP with suspicious source is much more harmful than the PC of normal channels. Many PP plastic products in the market use recycled materials, and the major disaster areas are straws and disposable products.
6, PC material and PP material can be food-grade plastic, and a lot of people say to only food grade PP is, in fact is not like that, as long as it is a regular inspection of food grade is safe, food-grade refers to the diet related safety certification standards, such as in the United States FDA, the European Union, Japan also have certification, but still the applicability of the FDA's most widely, so generally choose the FDA certification as well.
7. PP has good insulation, and on the premise of equal thickness, the boiled water is not hot. It is suitable for drinks with high temperature.
8. PC has good heat transfer ability, and can directly feel the temperature of water.
9. PP material is cheap, while PC material is much more expensive, which is almost twice as expensive. But PC material quality is better.
10. The plastic cup made of PP material rarely has large capacity (over 1000ml), because it is too fragile.
How to choose when buying
1. You can choose PP or PC. When you choose, you still need to choose the brand with normal channels, good mouth and many years of operation.
2. In the case of doubt, absolutely avoid buying any colored plastic cup, because a lot of colored plastics cannot be ruled out whether to use secondary materials, and often use secondary materials. The price of plastic products is severely matched, and too many manufacturers use secondary materials. PC material of plastic cup material chooses the more transparent the better, had better be colorless transparent. PP material plastic cup, do not buy colorful, buy its own color cream white best.